Week in Seoul: Lotte World Aquarium

Tuesday 24 March 2020

Given how bad the Co-vis-19 situation has become, I am so glad I made it to Seoul last year. My parents and I had a blast and upon our return, were discussing when we should fly to Busan or Jeju. I guess all these plans would now have to be put on hold while globally we sort out this pandemic.

So it's nice to be able to look back while writing these Seoul posts. Looking forward to start on the Okinawa ones before I start missing being able to travel.




Day 5 in Seoul: Jongmyo Shrine --> Lotte World Aquarium --> Lotte World Tower

Once we were done settling in the luggage in the new hotel room, my parents and I crossed over to the malls and headed for Lotte World Aquarium. I'd be honest, the goal was really the Lotte World Tower. However, we had time on our hands and decided to just explore the aquarium before catching sunset at the tower.




Lotte World Aquarium is located within the Lotte World Mall, and you can purchase discounted tickets off Klook or KKday with options for a combination deal with the Lotte World Tower. Otherwise, I thought the admission fee itself was quite hefty given the size of the aquarium. The Lotte World Aquarium is the biggest in South Korean and is segmented into different zones representing different ecosystems.

Their most prized exhibit would likely be that of the beluga whales. Except when I got there, I felt sorry for the whale. It didn't seem to have a lot of space given it's size.




I don't have much photos from the aquarium for the blog. Heh. We took a lot of photos, but mostly of ourselves and not so much of the aquarium. Having been to several more notable aquariums, while the Lotte World Aquarium was nice, it didn't really impress me that much.

I was amused though with a display of a robotic fish! Complete with flashing lights too! Now that's something I don't usually see in a lot of aquariums.




Other exhibits that were less common in similar aquariums included the otters and sealions. We managed to catch the tail end of a sealion show as well.




Other than the lack of photos for the blog, I realised I also took very little notes on the aquarium. Not surprising why and I'm repeating myself. It's similar to many other aquariums.

Still, Lotte World Aquarium is a nice place to while away a couple of hours. We enjoyed ourselves in the 2 hours we spent there. However, if you're tight with time or packed in your itinerary, you can consider skipping this, especially if you have visited other aquariums before.




Heh. Don't you think those fishes in the photo above look like grumpy old men?


Tourist Information

Lotte World Aquarium

Website: http://www.lotteworld.com/aquarium/en/index.asp
Address: Located within Lotte World Mall
Jamsil 6(yuk)-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul
DID: +82 2-3213-5000
Opening hours: 10 am to 10 pm



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS