Week in Seoul: Lotte Hotel World

Saturday 21 March 2020

All right! I just returned from a jaunt to Okinawa that's been 3 years in the making! Thankfully I'm almost done with the Seoul posts so I'd be able to start on the Okinawa ones soon after!

Good thing I've learnt to take and keep my notes during my travels. Need to work on the photo-taking though. I still have a tendency to forget sometimes, especially when I'm too excited. For instance, in today's post, I have no idea why I even forgot to take the exterior of the hotel! All I have are interior shots and not very good ones too! Argh!




Week in Seoul: Lotte Hotel World

Once we were done with the hour-long guided tour at Jongmyo Shrine, we returned to the Ibis Ambassador Seoul Myeongdong to pack up for the change in hotel. I had decided to transfer to the Lotte Hotel World for the last 2 nights mainly because it was close to the last few attractions I had planned for the itinerary. 

To be honest, I have a thing about hunkering down in hotels that are near to attractions on the itinerary. It makes it easier for us to return to our rooms to drop off things or for a rest, especially since I often travel with my elderly parents. I don't mind transferring hotels, so long as its not for every night.




Check in was a fuss free affair and we were even advice on breakfast options when I enquired. I loved how the reception didn't just push the hotel's options, but very politely shared about the options available at the nearby mall as well as within the underground link to the train station. 

Shortly after our arrival, we were being ushered to our room. I have a feeling the hotel staff prides themselves on good service. The young chap who helped us with our luggage to our room chatted with us and in that short trip, shared with us that he had been to Singapore (and loved it!) and gave us a couple of recommendations when he found out where we were next headed to. Very well-done; friendly and without feeling intrusive. Observant too! He realised I was taking photos of the room and made an effort to stay out of the way, with the luggage too! Thumbs up for really good staff recruitment and training.

Before he left, he assured us that most staff spoke an additional language and encouraged us to seek their assistance should we need anything, even recommendations. 





The furnishings and décor in the room itself was kind of old and outdated,  definitely in need of a renovation to update it. But, honestly, that was non-consequential to me. What was more important was that the room was clean and the beds comfortable. Although the room looked a tad on the small side for a triple, it was sufficient that we could lay out all 3 luggage without feeling cramped.




The toilet was spacious and gave off a vibe of old luxury. There's a bath tub on the other side of the room that my photo failed to capture. Definitely comfortable.




The view from our room was awesome. We could see Seokchon Lake and the Lotte Tower. It was too difficult to capture the Lotte Tower from the window so I gave up after a few attempts. Figured I could do better once I'm out on the ground instead.

Like I mentioned earlier, it was the hotel's location that sold me on it. Lotte Hotel World is connected to Jamsil station, which means it would be a breeze if we needed to travel out. The 2 days we were there, we just walked through the underpass via the station to the shopping malls. Obviously, if we could see Lotte Tower from our room, that's very close. The Lotte World Adventure theme park is also a 5 minute walk from the hotel. 

Yup. See what I mean. Decent place to hunker down if you're hitting the Lotte-series of attractions. Lovely hotel with lovely staff, and if I'm ever returning for the abovementioned attractions, I'd be back here. 


Tourist Information

Lotte Hotel World

Website: https://www.lottehotel.com/world-hotel/en.html
Address: 249 Olympic-ro, Jamsil-dong, Songpa-gu, Seoul
DID: +82 2-419-7000

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS