Week in Seoul: Petite France

Wednesday 11 March 2020



Day 3 in Seoul: Garden of Morning Calm --> Nami Island --> Petite France

Day 3 of Seoul is all about K-drama locations. In fact, I think this last item on the itinerary today needs little introduction: Petite France, a French-styled theme park modelled after The Little Prince. When we arrived, I was greeted by a wall of K-drama posters, all of which had featured scenes filmed in Petite France!




Probably the most famous of which would be the drama featured in the photo above. And I'm sure K-drama fans would be able to name the show. In fact, knowing my love for K-drama, Seo asked if I was able to name all the shows featured on the wall mural. Simple matter of course! I got all of them right: Secret Garden, Beethoven Virus and even Running Man! 




Unfortunately the theme park kind of fell short of expectations. Most of the filming was done near the entrance I guess, where the pretty pastel rainbow cluster of French-styled terraces are. I can actually understand why. The theme park is actually pretty small! Unless you duck into all the open buildings, you can easily complete walking around the place within an hour! And actually apart from the entrance and a few other designated photo spots, this theme park wasn't too exciting or interesting. Mom even commented that the ones in Japan looked better maintained.

Still, good for photos and definitely good for the gram too. 




Fans of Antoine de Saint-Exupery's Le Petit Prince (The Little Prince) may wish to consider adding this to their itinerary. I bought quite a bit of souvenirs for 2 friends who loved the story. Bought some stationery for myself too. They were just too cute to resist.




My parents and I popped into several of the stores and those areas opened for exhibits. We admired the delicate French-themed displays, figurines and set-ups, but what we really loved, was taking photos in front of all the Little Prince murals. Those were just too pretty!




Even then, I could tell that my parents were getting tired after a while. So I decided to spare them and call it a day. Seo helped to drop us off at Ding Tai Fung, a Chinese restaurant in the alley next to our hotel for dinner. Mom wanted to try the Korean version of Ding Tai Fung and dad and I just obliged.


Tourist Information

Petite France

Website: http://www.pfcamp.com/
Address:  616-2 Gosung-Ri, Gapyeong-gun, Kyunggi-do
Contact number: 031-584-8200
Operating hours: 9 am to 6 pm
Entrance fees: 

Adult
10,000 Won
Senior citizens and those with disabilities
8,000 Won
Teens (Middle and High School)
8,000 Won
Child (36 months to Elementary School)
6,000 Won



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS