The Uncertain 7-day Okinawa Journey: Cape Hedo

Saturday 11 April 2020



Day 1: Naha International Airport --> Cape Hedo (30 mins) --> Daisekirinzan Park --> Okuma Private Beach and Resort

Ok, so the plan was for us to shoot straight up to the north of Okinawa after we get off the plane and then work our way back to Naha city for the flight back to Singapore. I just thought it was the most efficient route when planning. 

What I didn't think about, was that my parents and I KO-ed on the 2.5 hours ride to the northern most point of Okinawa and hence we'll arrive at Cape Hedo, tired and a little cranky from being woken up.  As such, we spent a very short time instead of the original 30 minutes I had scheduled for. We were a little too tired to walk around much.




Cape Hedo is the northern most point of Okinawa and you know you're there once you see this monument that commemorates the end of US occupation and the return of Okinawa to Japanese rule. There are other monuments around Cape Hedo but yeah, I was too tired to walk around much and hence didn't get to them.




Instead, what drew me was the strong winds and the amazing sea view from the cape. The sea breeze was strong enough to whip our hairs around us and refreshing enough to temporarily wake us up. At Cape Hedo, you can see the South China Sea on the left and the Pacific Ocean on the right, and the colours where they meet and merge was just too pretty. 

Unfortunately, I was too mesmerised and forgot to take those pictures. Yeah. I blame the tiredness. We walked around a little around the cape but very quickly returned to our car. In a way, I thought that the walking route wasn't very well drawn out at Cape Hedo, it doesn't automatically draw the visitors in to continue walking. But it could also be our jet-lag speaking. 




Cape Hedo is slowly gaining attention with tourists and there is now a little building there that houses a restaurant and toilets. Otherwise, it feel pretty isolated with all the wide open space even though in my head, I know that there are other attractions that are nearby. 

Now that I'm writing this post and reminiscing, I'm a tiny bit regretful that we didn't walk around Cape Hedo more. I do know that with poor sleep and a pair of tired elderly, it was the best we could have done that morning. It's just that I don't see myself going back again so I'm that tiny bit sad that I didn't get moving more that morning. 




Tourist Information

Cape Hedo
Website: http://kunigami-kikakukanko.com/itiran/06.html
No admission fees

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS