The Uncertain 7-day Okinawa Journey: Nakamura Soba

Sunday 10 January 2021

 


Day 4: Busena Marine Park --> Nakamura Soba --> Cape Manza --> Mihama American Village

Once my parents were done being thrilled by the glass-bottomed boat ride, we set off to have an early lunch. An approximate 20 minutes car ride away from the Busena Marine Park is Nakamura Soba, an Okinawan Soba restaurant that is extremely popular with the locals.

And thank goodness we made the choice to have an earlier lunch, because even then, by the time we arrived, the place was already packed and we snagged the last window counter seats! The family that came after us had to wait for quite a bit before they got seats!




Nakumura Soba is housed in this nondescript building by the road and next to the sea. If you're lucky like us, you'll get window seats and can have lunch with a view, abet with a lot of cars whizzing by. 

Ordering is like in many other Japanese restaurants, via a vending machine. I'm sorry I couldn't get pictures of the menu and the vending machines, but we were being quite rushed and I didn't want to be impolite. After that, it just got too packed to get any photos. 



My dad ordered the last bowl of the tebichi soba, which is a bowl of Okinawan soba with stewed pig trotters. Apparently there's only a limited number of servings of this each day. 


Mom got the sanmainiku soba, Okinawan soba with extra thick slices of stewed pork belly. The portion was huge enough that mom couldn't finish all the pork slices and passed me a slab of the meat.



And my own bowl. I stuck with a normal version. To be honest, I'm not a fan of Okinawa soba, they're a tad too sweet for my liking. But of all the Okinawan soba I've tried on the trip, this was by far, the best. By the way, the noodles are handmade.



And of course, the best part, eating your meal with a view!


Tourist Information

Nakamura Soba

Address: 904-0404 Okinawa, Kunigami District, Onna字 字瀬良垣 1669-1

DID: +81 98-966-8005

Opening hours: 11 am to 8 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS