9 Days of Rustic Kyushu, Day 2 (Part 3): Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch

Sunday 24 July 2016


 
 
The Huis Ten Bosch Hotels
 
Before I actually start writing about Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch, I feel duty-bound to inform you that there are 3 other hotels located within the theme park itself:
1) Hotel Europe
2) Hotel Amsterdam, and
3) Hotel Forest Villa
 
To be honest, in my personal opinion, the theme park is nothing like Disneyland or Universal Studios. I really didn't see the point of spending an exorbitant amount to stay within the theme park. Though I have to say, on the website, the 3 hotels really look darn good.
 
However, if you're like me and also not keen on staying within the theme park, there are several other hotel options nearby. In fact, there's a new one that recently opened that's being manned completely by robots! It's just a short walk away from Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch, so you might also want to pop by for a look if you're interested.
 
While I was doing my research, the price varied quite a bit between these hotels so please be mindful if money is a consideration.  
 
Day 2: Yobuko Morning Market --> Huis Ten Bosch --> Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch (ホテル日航ハウステンボス)





We opted to stay at Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch, which was a 5 minute (or even less) walk from the entrance of the theme park. Ok, more like I opted since I was the one who planned the entire trip. I've got to say, I'm pretty glad I made the decision to stay at one of the Huis Ten Bosch hotels. The proximity was a god-send in the poor weather. While my parents and I had shouldered on within the theme park (primarily because we could always duck into the many shelters within), it was always a comfort knowing that we could always return to the hotel nearby if we were really sick of the rain.
 
By the time we decided we had enough of the theme park, we were soaked through and it was almost dinner time. Plus, we actually bought quite a lot of stuff from the various stores within Huis Ten Bosch. I was completely exhausted fighting the rain and carrying all our goodies.
 
 
 

You can imagine how pleased I was when I walked into a clean and spacious room. In fact, given that it's Japan, the land of tiny hotel rooms, I was extremely pleased with the space! It was definitely one of the more spacious hotel rooms we had in this trip. Mom and I didn't have any trouble packing and unpacking from both our luggage at the same time.
 
Even the bathroom and toilet was decent-sized! I've since learnt that toilets and bathrooms in Japan can be absolutely tiny. I've had previous experiences where I'd bang myself every time I turn around in a tiny Japanese bathroom. Heh. In fact, the first time I toured Japan, I came back with bruises and yeah, they were all gotten in tiny bathrooms.
 
 
 


The view from our hotel room. Unfortunately, we weren't on a high enough floor and hence were blocked from a lovely garden view. But we could still see Huis Ten Bosch from where we were. Since it was raining, we didn't exactly miss much either.
 



 
 
Once we dried ourselves, we went down to the hotel's Japanese restaurant for dinner. Yup, no inclination to head out in the rain anymore. Dinner was again a traditional kaiseki affair. Unfortunately for them though, we had come off a really good one from Ryokan Yoyokaku, so the one at Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch paled a lot in comparison.
 
Perhaps by then, I was also coming down with a fever so I was not particularly enjoying my food too. All I wanted to do was to get back to our room and sleep. And sleep I did, the bed was pretty comfortable.
 
 



Breakfast in the hotel came with a view of the lovely hotel garden. Breakfast was a buffet spread of both Japanese and Western (International) items so it was great to be able to pick and choose whatever we liked. I forgot to grab pictures of the buffet spread (in fact, I consistently forgot about doing it on this trip!) so you'd just have to take my word for it that both the spread and the quality of food was not too bad. Not awesome, but definitely above average.
 
As we had only stayed a night (and it was a night where I really fell sick), there's really nothing much else I can add about the hotel. Nevertheless, it served us well for that one night stay and I'd recommend it still to anyone who's visiting Huis Ten Bosch readily.

In addition, Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch has a side gate which allows hotel guests to re-enter the theme park. This would be especially useful if you happen to stay during their Kingdom of Light festival (the entire theme park is decked out in lights which from online pictures and reviews seemed really pretty!).
 
 
Tourist Information
 
Hotel Nikko Huis Ten Bosch
Local Name: ホテル日航ハウステンボス
Address: 6 Huis Ten Bosch Machi, Sasebo 859-3243, Nagasaki Prefecture
Local address: 〒859-3243ハウステンボス町6
DID: 0956-27-3000
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS